It's just nerves, honey...

Monday, June 05, 2006

MRI was a breeze

Phew.

Well, I'm glad that's over. It really was easy. Except for the fact that they were running 30 minutes late, which was just annoying.

I went back and sat in one of those little curtained booths to remove my earrings and necklace, and then they gave me a locker to put my purse and stuff in. Didn't have to change into a paper gown -- bonus! Besides the warning that there was a theoretical possibility that my tattoo might "feel warm" or even "burn," there wasn't much in the way of preparation. [Plus I wasn't worried about the tattoo thing -- I saw that one Busted on Mythbusters.] I hopped up on the table thingy, they gave me some earplugs, instructed me to be very very very still, and in I went.

I was warned about the noise, but it was louder and weirder than I anticipated. More beeping and electronic noise than pure mechanical banging. Amanda had suggested that I think about packing or decorating my new house, but I found trying to think about specific things to actually be more disorienting. I did fine as long as I just listened to the banging, and kind of zoned out on the techno music of it all. I had "symptoms" (never know what to call it) while I was in there... not sure if that's useful or not. But my nerve pain down the front of my right leg was acting up, and both my hands were doing their tingly thing. So, you know, whatever. I was momentarily nervous about the contrast shot (worrying about allergic reaction), but it didn't even sting. Whoop-de-doo.

Now it's just wait for the EEG time. I can't wait to see how well my new haircut goes with a wire helmet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home