It's just nerves, honey...

Thursday, June 08, 2006

EEG prep

I got a phonecall this morning from a tech at my neurologist's office about my EEG tomorrow. A few things...

1. I can shampoo my hair, but no mousse or gel or other hairproducts. Boy, I'm going to be *lovely* tomorrow.
2. I have to wear a button-down shirt, since I will not be able to pull anything over the head. That means a button-down shirt all weekend. I'm not actually sure I have enough button down shirts, total. Hmm.
3. They moved my appointment up a bit, so now it's at 2:30. As long as my darling husband can watch the little one, that should be fine, and get me home to the big kid sooner.
4. There aren't many activities I'm restricted from over the weekend. No showering or bathing, obviously, but I can basically go about my business as long as I don't get sweaty. So I can pack and stuff. That's good.
5. I will be keeping a diary of my activities over the weekend. Now, as pure scientific research, I would *love* to get a look at the EEG readings and compare them to my diary. Wouldn't that be fascinating? Find out what the Sunday Times crossword *really* does to my brain...
6. I get to wear a mesh hat! Awesome! I've always wanted a mesh hat with embedded wires. Rockin'.
7. I have to sleep with the recorder under my pillow and, you know, try not to move too much. "You don't want to get the wires wrapped around your neck in your sleep." Gotchya.
8. My mesh cap and electrodes will not, as it turns out, endow me with any superpowers, ESP, or psychic abilities of any kind. Or so they tell you.

So I'm feeling adequately prepped for that. It's gonna be a pain, but, whatever.

In other news, I never got a call back from my neurologist yesterday, so I made another call this morning. If I don't hear anything by afternoon, I'm going to be pissed. The twitch is gone today, but I still want to mention it, and make a desperate plea for her to give me some test results over the phone. The unfortunate thing is, my powers of persuation only work when the person calls me back. Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home