It's just nerves, honey...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Three DAYS???

Three days really just seems excessive. What kind of data are they going to get in 72 hours that they wouldn't get in 24? They must have plenty of data by now. I've pressed that damn event button 100 times. I've had my "symptoms" more often than that, and in all varieties (I've had the tingling, the electric-shock stuff, the finger twitch). If there is anything happening in my brain to cause these symptoms, I guarantee it has happened in the past 24 hours. So what's the deal with the 72 hours?

Upon Googling "ambulatory EEG", it seems like most times they do it for 24-48 hours. I'm not seeing anything with a 3-day duration. Is my doctor a quack? Or is there really some reason why 3 days is necessary in my case?

Because as far as I'm concerned, I'm going to beg her to take the damn thing off already. I can't do this!!! I can't freakin' do ANYthing with this rig on. And I move in a week! Sorry, docs, but I gotta work! This is not the time to be idle. UGH!

One of my electrodes fell off, so I have to go in in the morning and have it reattached. But I am going to see if I can find my doctor while I'm there and get this thing taken off sooner than Thursday afternoon. I really can't take 48 more hours of this.

Not to mention, I'm already starting to smell funky...

3 Comments:

  • Hi Laura, no you don't smell. I left you a long reply on the MGH Board, take care, moi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  

  • Your hair looks really cute, though...I like the short wavy look. I couldn't shower for 2 weeks after my surgery and I feel your pain on that front; I became the queen of wet wipes (they made me feel slightly disinfected). Hang in there...xoxo Amanda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

  • http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134163 forgot to leave the link, sleep well, moi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home